e-Prescribing or Electronic Prescribing is a method through which practices are able to send prescriptions directly to pharmacies from point-of-care in an error-free and understandable format. E-Prescribing has become one of the major features of modern day Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and is being used by physicians a lot in their daily workflows.
Let’s take a detailed look how ePrescribing is helping physicians improve workflows.
- Up-to-date drug knowledgebase: e-Prescribing helps physicians have instant, up-to-date drug knowledgebase from which they can select and prescribe drugs to patients easily.
- Medication reconciliation: e-Prescribing allows real-time checking of a patient’s current medications to the ones the physician is suggesting. This is done to avoid duplication, omissions, dosing errors or drug interactions.
- Complete medication history: With the help of e-Prescribing, complete and accurate medication history of the patient can be retrieved at any time conveniently. This really helps a physician check the drugs which have been administered to the patient throughout his/her life by various physicians.
- Age, weight-based dose adjustments: e-Prescribing also helps physicians to adjust doses based on age and weight of the patients thereby largely improving the quality of care delivered.
- Dosage calculator: e-Prescribing also helps physicians calculate the exact amount of dosages that are going to be administered to the patients. This is really useful and eliminates any chances of overdose or otherwise.
- Process refill requests: e-Prescribing also connects with patient portals in real time to process refill requests submitted by the patients at all times. In addition, e-Prescribing also helps practices connect with pharmacies in order to send real time requests.
In addition to these, there are many other benefits of e-Prescribing like providing access to prescription benefits, prescription histories, eligibility checks, adverse reactions and recommended dosages, etc which greatly help a practice improve its workflows.
Surescripts®, the Nation’s E-Prescription Network, today announced that CureMD EMR v10 has received Surescripts Gold Solution Provider Certification that recognizes technology vendors advancing electronic prescribing and interoperability by leveraging complete Surescripts capabilities and its network to improve the safety, efficiency and quality of the prescribing process.
CureMD is an award winning provider of web based Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Enterprise Practice Management (EPM), Patient Portal and Revenue Cycle Services. Through this program, CureMD has been tested to offer the most advanced e-prescribing capabilities in the industry – reducing prescriptions errors, enhancing prescription routing, online eligibility transactions, drug formulary while at the same time supporting community pharmacy and medication claim histories availability real time.
“CureMD EMR v10 achieving Surescripts Gold Solution Provider Status is a positive development; together with CCHIT®2011 Ambulatory certification and five star usability rating”, said CureMD CEO Kamal Hashmat. “Since our inception in 1997, we have ensured our clients be the first to comply with the evolving regulations, standards and best practices – providing the most innovative and easy to use solution that reinforces our promise of adaptable, accessible and affordable technology for every physician. Even today, CureMD customers are the earliest Meaningful users of EHR in the industry.”
Surescripts operates the nation’s largest e-prescription network and supports a rapidly expanding ecosystem of health care organizations nationwide. Surescripts was founded on the principles of neutrality, transparency, interoperability, efficiency, collaboration and quality. Surescripts connects prescribers in all 50 states through their choice of e-prescribing software to the nation’s leading payers, chain pharmacies and independent pharmacies. Available during emergencies or routine care, the Nation’s E-Prescription Network gives health care providers secure, low-cost, electronic access to prescription and health information that can save their patients’ lives, improve efficiency and reduce the cost of health care for all.
CureMD Healthcare, a leading provider of SMART Cloud EMR, PM, Patient Portal and Revenue Cycle Management has been awarded the 2011 Surescripts e prescribing White Coat of Quality Award. This award recognizes CureMD’s use of highest quality standards and industry guidelines. CureMD works closely with Surescripts for continually improving the system, while increasing prescriber awareness through focused training.
Surescripts White Coat of Quality is a critical part of Surescripts’ quality program, designed to ensure that the safety benefits of EHRs and e-prescribing are fully realized. CureMD recognizes the importance of its contribution in the White Coat of Quality Program – consistently improving its system and delivering training to e-prescribe completely and accurately.
“The use of e-prescribing is an essential element for every physician. The provision of a quality e-prescribing system is the key to safety, quality and efficiency across the continuum of care. We are proud to be Gold certified partners with SureScripts and receiving the White Coat of Quality Award for the second year.”
Said CIO Bill Hashmat.
CureMD is an award winning network of usability driven health IT systems and services offering certified SMART Cloud EMR, practice management, patient portal and revenue cycle management to help accelerate adoption and Meaningful Use – driving outcomes and subsidy payments to maximize value and returns.