Selecting the right Electronic Health Record (EHR) software for your practice is not an easy decision to make since it will have a major impact on your future workflows. Carefully research the health IT market and make EHR vendor comparison to make an informed and intelligent decision. Following are some useful steps to help you with the right vendor selection:
- First of all, assess your practice that will help you to identify the right EHR to meet your needs. Don’t forget to select an EHR that is government certified for 2014, so that you can achieve Meaningful Use Stage 1 and 2.
- After identifying your practice needs, set realistic and measurable goals that you would like to achieve with the help of EHR.
- Analyze the infrastructure of your practice and decide if you want a server-based or Cloud-based EHR. Small to medium sized practices should implement Cloud-based EHR to save cost of hardware and space.
- Carry out EHR vendor comparison based on earlier analysis of your practice and requirements from EHR. During this phase, carry out EHR price comparison, analyze features of the software and the support services of the vendor.
- Once you have completed the research at your end, contact the vendors that you have narrowed down. Ask them to provide you with complete information about their profile, product and services. Share your practice needs and demands from EHR and services with them and request a demo, so that you know what you are buying.
- Verify the references they provide you. Once you are satisfied with everything then get into a binding contract with them.