Electronic Health Records (EHRs) are shaping the future of the healthcare industry in more than one way. They allow physicians to improve their workflows, reduce inefficiency and save time while on the other hand, help improve patient satisfaction, engagement and promote self-service. EHRs also make it really easy for government authorities to keep a close check on the industry and exercise better control over it. They allow for better data reporting, more streamlined analytics and better reporting for those who are managing large practices.
One of the industry leaders when it comes to Electronic Health Records is CureMD.
Let’s take a look at some of the ideal features for next generation EHRs.
- Compliance: Next generation EHRs are able to comply with latest government regulations and requirements. They are able to support the implementation of ICD-10 and help practices meet Meaningful Use requirements.
- Ideal support: Most EHR vendors suffer from poor after-sales support. Users of the product are not satisfied with the support and training provided by their vendors. However, an ideal EHR excels in this area and is always willing to help.
- No software maintenance: Next generation Electronic Health Record (EHR) software is based on the model of cloud computing and do not require any software maintenance. The EHR vendor automatically updates the software from the back end and no front end changes are required.
- Complete security: Modern day EHRs are equipped with state-of-the-art security and encryption features which prevent hackers and intruders from accessing vital patient data.
- Electronic prescribing: The most ideal EHRs of present day and age are equipped with the facility of e-Prescribing which makes it easy for physicians to send prescriptions just with a few clicks to any of the supporting pharmacies.
These are some of the features of an ideal, next generation Electronic Health Record software which are transforming the industry in a way like never before.